Friday, July 23, 2010

to the best people in the world. my friends.


"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side."

"We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on."

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it"

"You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can't forget. Those are your friends"


"A simple friend thinks the friendship over when you have an argument. A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight."

"The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you."


" The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."


like everyone, ive gained friends and drifted apart from others, but i believe everything, no matter how much it hurts at the time, happens for a reason. God has blessed me so much with the people He's put in through my life. i take comfort in the notion that no matter what i do, i know i have a support group of people who are there for me, encouraging me, and genuinely caring for me. though i admit i may take those special people for granted at times, i love them to death. when it comes to the friends ive grown apart from, i still care for them and wish them the best, but i know they were put in my life, and taken out, for a reason. maybe to make me a stronger, more independent, and wiser person, but whatever the reason, im grateful and cherish the time we spent together; the lessons they taught me, whether they knew it or not, and the memories i have because of them. it breaks my heart when i know ive grown apart from a friend but just like the old saying goes, "when one door closes, another opens," i'm thankful and grateful for the new, or old, amazing people that come into my life. the AMAZING people im still close to and can call my best friends, i love you. without you i wouldnt be the person i am. you teach me how to be a better person, how to strive for what i want in life, and how to be compassionate and an excellent friend to the other people i will encounter in life. whether i tell you or not, every awkward moment we share, every hilarious memory we make, every time you pick me up when im down, thank you. ive realized through the past that friendship isnt a big thing, its a million little things. i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment